PRIMARY PURPOSE OF JOB: This position is responsible for the coordinating the placement of volunteers geared to supporting the Ssamba Foundation’s programs as well as working member partners. The position is responsible for coordinating multiple projects resulting in increased volunteer involvement at Ssamba Foundation and our partners.
Ssamba Foundation is looking for a long-term (6-12 months) Volunteer Services Coordinator intern. Presently, we have a limited staff constantly juggling meetings and projects and are in need of a motivated individual designing and supervising community initiatives. We are a small community based development organization based outside of Kampala in Mukono District interested in making our community a better place to live. Currently, we are preparing for a large expansion and would like to hire someone with proven experience in promotions management.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Schedule corporate groups and be the Marketing & Business Partnerships onsite representative
- Coordinate and schedule trainings and orientations for all volunteers for various programs.
- Act as the liaison between projects and volunteers
- Assist in outreach programs and reach to new people who may be interested in volunteering.
- Maintain the volunteer Service Calendars and Volunteers database
- Develop and send out acknowledgements to all volunteer groups and individuals.
- Insure all departments are notified and prepared for volunteer activities.
- Facilitate and recruit volunteers for various special events.
- File volunteer questions and requests
- Receive and process volunteer request forms and match volunteers to programs
- Other duties as required
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES DESIRED:
- BS/BA preferred
- Strong verbal and written skills
- Demonstrated ability and comfort in speaking before large groups
- Strong computer skills including and Internet marketing
- Exceptional people and customer service skills
- Ability to pay close attention to detail and coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously
- A passion for volunteers and volunteer work
This is responsible professional work in planning, organizing and coordinating recruitment programs and training activities for volunteers and interns at Ssamba Foundation.
A staff member allocated to this class of work is responsible for recruiting, selecting, training and scheduling volunteers and interns to work at Ssamba Foundation. Duties are performed with considerable independence under the general direction of an administrative superior and work is reviewed through periodic conferences and the observation of results.
The candidate will recruit volunteers and interns for Ssamba Foundation through personal contacts with individuals, clubs, organizations, private and civic groups.
Develops news media announcements and other recruitment information aids such as brochures, newsletters, and fliers. Provides initial orientation, screening and training; develops and implements training programs.
Coordinates with department heads to match volunteers with needs of the organization. Develops and handles volunteer/interns work schedules and assignments. Develops materials, manuals, and resource information for volunteer staff.
Maintains records on volunteers and interns time contributed to the organization.
Develops appreciation and incentive programs for members of the volunteer staff.
Participates in promotional and public relations activities at the center
Report to: Executive Chairman
Application Deadline: 29th – July – 2022
Send Applications To: email@example.com