How much does it cost to volunteer with Ssamba Foundation in Uganda?
Volunteering in Uganda is free, as it should be, No Program Fees! No weekly fees! At Ssamba Foundation, we appreciate and allow you to use your compassion to help make the world a better place at no cost to you!
Many organizations see volunteers as a potential cash cow and are guilty of charging extreme rates. Ssamba Foundation makes every effort to keep your costs to a minimum, as it is your talent and time that are most valuable to us and the communities we serve. Whether you are interested in volunteering short-term or long-term, we will discuss arrangements with you concerning finances.
We have however, set up the challenge (not mandatory though) for all volunteers coming/interested to volunteer with Ssamba Foundation in Uganda to throw themselves into fundraising and aim to bring a donation! We know you can do it!
The funds raised or donated, goes directly to your project of interest, where you will be volunteering. Fundraise for or donate to your intended project, and come stay with us for anywhere between 4 weeks- to- 3 months on a case by case basis. Where does my contribution go?
Benefits of Volunteering with Ssamba Foundation
Volunteers are always welcome at Ssamba Foundation either for short-term or long-term projects. We want to deliver an experience to enjoy Uganda by living, working and making an impact with us. In exchange for your skills, donation and help, you get the following:
- Pre-Departure Handbook (Everything you need to know about Uganda)
- We shall pick you up from Entebbe International airport (Pick Up only)
- Accommodation throughout your stay (Maximum stay is 4 weeks for free)
- Shared bedroom with other-same sex volunteers (separate beds)
- Blanket, Pillows and treated mosquito net
- Limited Wi-Fi Access at house (Please feel free to bring your laptop)
- 3 delicious local meals for your entire duration
- 24/7 In country Support
- You can stay with us for up to 3 months in Uganda (on case by case basis)
- Deeper culture immersion experience with founder’s family
- Discounted tours, safaris and events
- Work and life experience
- The opportunity to help others and lifetime friends
- Certificate of Appreciation at the end of your stay
What we DON’T offer:
- Flight Tickets
- Travel insurance
- Laundry service in town/or house (at volunteer’s cost)
- Toiletries (soaps, shampoos and others) are not provided.
- Personal expenses (Your pocket money)
Personal Expenses; It depends on you and your lifestyle! But we advise that you come with an additional $50-$100 a week to cater for your personal needs such as; Phone/internet bill, Transportation, Laundry, Snacks, Entertainment, Drinks and excursions if preferred, and any other things you may wish to buy.
The requirements to join Ssamba Foundation volunteer program in Uganda
- You must be over 18yrs
- You must speak some English (you don’t need to be fluent)
- A copy of your passport with 6+ months validity
- Placement commitment fee of USD$200
- Criminal Record, Background Check report or Police Statement
- We recommend travel/life personal insurance
- You must commit at least 4 weeks’ minimum (shorter stays accepted).
- You must be Sociable, Energetic, Positive & Fun! Who can Apply?
Volunteer Arrival Dates
Although we are very flexible about start and end dates, volunteers must book their flights to arrive on the scheduled arrival dates for free airport pickup arrangements. You can book your flights to arrive at any time of the arrival date (24/7 Airport pickups).
Your arrival into Uganda will be on a Sunday. Your orientation for your volunteer program in Uganda will begin on Monday. You will spend the day learning about life in Uganda and preparing for your upcoming volunteer program.
If you arrive any other day, you have to cover up your airport pickup fees (usually $85) or pay for hotel for your night stay and pickup for the following day.
Ssamba Foundation – empowering vulnerable communities since 2006